Looking to get started in the construction industry? We have a great opportunity for you to join
our team and work in a fun, fast paced environment. The Project Coordinator (PC) is
responsible for collaborating with Project Manager’s and Directors to facilitate a projects scope
and objectives, coordinating activities in a project team, identifying resources, and ensuring the
proper execution of a project or multiple projects. The PC develops detailed work plans,
submittals, and status reports. The PC will participate in the conceptual development of a
construction project and assist in its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation
ensuring that the work is performed to client’s requirements. The PC assists in managing
multiple projects from start to finish.
Some key job responsibilities include:
- Manage capacity, production, and cycle time expectations.
- Review and assess requirements from plans and specifications.
- Manage and create submittal responses.
- Accurately ensures that all work is accounted for, maintained in a tracking system, with complete accuracy.
- Develop and update, processes, and procedures to streamline workflows.
- Identify innovative ways to reduce work cycle times and increase quality.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with a major in Project or Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or related.
- Demonstrated effective business acumen and business communicator in verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management, organization skills, and use of TM tools.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability; able to interpret data, identify faulty trends and solve.
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Advanced experience with MS-Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Teams, etc.,)
- Effectively manage competing priorities
Viking Industrial Painting offers our full-time employees an extremely competitive and
comprehensive benefits package. It includes medical, vision and dental plans covering eligible
employees and their dependents, as well as employee assistance programs, voluntary life
insurance, and retirement plans with matching.
As part of our team some of the benefits you will have access to are:
- Competitive wages
- A considerable benefits package that includes:
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company provided PPE
Viking Industrial Painting (V.I.P.) was established in 2001 in Northern Iowa as an industrial tank
painting company specializing in the Water Tower Industry. Since that time, Viking has actively
worked with engineers, third-party inspectors, and tank owners to renovate and protect steel
Viking Industrial Painting has been successful due to our attention to quality and detail. Our
desire to take care of both our customers and our team members is a reflection of our motto
and core value, “Do the right thing, always.” As a result, Viking Industrial Painting has
maintained the reputation as one of the premier tank painting companies nationwide.
Receiving recognition as one of the fastest growing private companies in the nation for 2020.
Now located in Omaha, Nebraska we continue to grow our company through those same
values. We offer not only professional tank painting and repair but also both short-term and
long-term maintenance programs for all styles of water storage tanks. We take a consultative
approach to develop a plan that proactively protects our client’s assets and allows for financial
planning and fixed expenses for ease of annual budgeting.